Green Apples and God

My art break is over. After the mad rush of Christmas orders, I have picked up my paintbrush, again. Don't get me wrong - I love Christmas! I love the fun and the chaos. I love remembering the baby that God sent to us. I also love painting at Christmas. I just tend to procrastinate and also manage to underestimate the number of late shoppers that will contact me. Those last minute shoppers are my "kin" in a way. I am a last minute person when it comes to shopping and planning, as well as with my to-do list. Due to this kinship, I have a difficult time saying "no" to requests for art at Christmas-time. So I paint late into the night and early in the morning, hopeful the flu-bug will avoid our home. 
Enough about me, here is my first creation in 2016.....

12"x12" on birchwood

And this photo of apples in a bowl is the piece I used for my inspiration....


Frest fruit is so ... ....

refreshing and clean.



I love how fruit and nature can gently remind us of God's presence. 

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you, 
or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you; 
or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, 
 or let the fish in the sea inform you. 
Which of all these does not know 
 that the hand of the Lord has done this? 
In his hand is the life of every creature 
 and the breath of all mankind."
Job 12: 7-10

Comments